Friday, August 10, 2007

What next?

I know you should never ask that, but that is exactly how I feel. Yesterday, I went to the eye doctor and I have optic neuritis again. Optic neuritis is an inflammed optic nerve. I have other neurological problems and my neuro can't figure out what is wrong. It is so frustrating. The vision in my right is blurry. It isn't as noticable when I am looking with both eyes as my left eye is fine. I do see a little bit of a haze at the lower right hand corner of my visual field though.

Today, I got a call from my PCP and I have gallstones. I have been having stomach pain after I eat fatty foods for a few months now. I try to eat a low fat diet so I don't have pain a lot. I mentioned it to her last week and she sent me for an ultrasound. I now have to go see a surgeon. She doesn't want me to have surgery if I can at all avoid it. She feels my body has gone through too much lately and surgery might cause me more problems. I agree with her and don't want to have surgery. She wants a surgeon to make the determination as to if it is OK to wait. I have an appointment next Friday so we will see what he says.

Thanks for everyones wonderful comments about my new kit. I am glad it is bringing back so many good memories for everyone.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

My mother had gall bladder problems and I work wih someone whose husband had to have his gall bladder out this year. From what my said, it sounds like the pain is terrible. I hope you can find someway to treat it soon.

Inma said...

Sorry about your health problems. :( I didn't hear about optic neuritis until and it looks awful, but I had heard about gall stones and having lots of pain when you have them, so I feel really sorry for you. :( The only thing it occurs to me that might help you is some kind of nutritional therapy that might combine a low fat diet with other foods that could stimulate your gall bladder and help it not to get stones, but I guess your doctor might have recommended you something like that already.

Best of luck and best wishes in this issue and take care of yourself. :O)

makeyesup said...

Best of luck with your appt with the surgeon. Hope he comes up with something that doesn't involve surgery.