Friday, August 17, 2007

Surgery

I am going to have to have surgery to remove my gallbladder. I asked the doctor if there was a way I could try to shrink the stones and avoid surgery. He told me that they take a long time to shrink (sometimes as long as 2-3 years) and that I will be a time bomb until that happens. He said I am lucky that I haven't had emergency surgery yet. Because of my other health problems, he is going to keep my in the hospital overnight to watch me carefully for complications. He also wants to be able to manage my pain more since I have chronic pain issues anyway. My surgery is scheduled for the 28th of this month. I am so ready to be healthy again.

9 comments:

Sara E said...

good luck with your surgery...hopefully you will feel a ton better afterwards :)

and...... I saw your weight watchers LO .... You go, girlie! awesome accomplishment!

Lisa said...

Best of luck with your surgery hun. At least you won't have to worry about gall stones anymore. I understand what you're going through here. Multiple health issues, weight problems and meds that don't help! You've lost 40lbs tho and that is an amazing accomplishment! You'll be in my prayers hun. xxxx LisaMarie

Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

I'm so sorry you need surgery...I will keep you in my prayers!

Inma said...

What you tell it's terrible to be honest, I hope they are just getting rid of the stones and not the gall bladder as that might make you feel not very good when eating. :( I hope everything goes OK with the surgery. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I've said a prayer for you! It'll all go great!

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud of yourself for losing all that weight! You look great! I hope your surgery goes great and that you're back to normal soon. I know what you mean about the medication making you gain weight. I'm on prednisone for lupus and I have gained 30 pounds since October. But I'm hoping to get it back off soon. I'll be praying for you!

House on the Vaal said...

Good luck with the surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that you feel well soon after the surgery.

Anonymous said...

best of luck with the surgery, you will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

best of luck with your surgery .. i have just been thought a knee reconstruction and another one due in January .. i hope it goes well, never fun x