Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Surgery is done

I had my surgery this morning. My pancreatic enzymes were totally normal this morning so my pancreas is healed now and they could take out my gall bladder. If there is any part of this post that doesn't make sense, blame it on the Dilaudid. I am on a Dilaudid PCA to keep the pain under control. Normally, pain isn't too horrible for gallbladder surgery, but I have problems with chronic pain anyway so he was concerned that I would have pain issues. I'm glad he thought of that because I have had a lot of pain today. It is mostly in my shoulder and chest and not at the incisions. The surgery was laproscopically, so I have 3 tiny incisions. They are pretty bruised but otherwise they don't look bad. He used glue instead of stiches or staples. I'm glad because then they don't itch. If all goes well tongiht, then I get to go home tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers from everyone. It really means a lot to me.

5 comments:

Monique said...

So great to here all went well! Hope you make a speedy recovery!

doloro said...

Oh I have had my GB removed too - and I know the pain - it is excruciating. Good luck with the recovery and do take it easy initially!

Michelle said...

Glad you first sugery went well. I hope you gall bladder one goes well too.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that all went well. Take care of youself, rest and get well quick.

Inma said...

Glad to hear that everything went well and you feel better. :) I hope you recover completely soon. :)

Best wishes.:O)