Sunday, August 19, 2007

Time bomb

The doctor wasn't kidding when he said I was a walking time bomb. Last night, that time bomb went off. We grilled some hamburgers for dinner last night. About 2 hours later, I knew it was a mistake to eat them as I was having a lot of pain. It just got worse and worse until I couldn't take the pain any more. We got to the ER a little after midnight. They gave me some drugs pretty fast, but they did almost nothing to help the pain. Apparently, I was trying to pass one of the stones and it caused my pancreas to become inflamed. I was admitted to the hospital this morning. I will have surgery as soon as my pancreas is healed. They are going to draw lab every morning to monitor my pancreatic enzymes. Until they normalize, I can't even eat or drink. I hope they normalize soon so I can get this surgery over with and start eating again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Patricia, that is just awfull! I hope that everything goes smoothly and all our prayers will be with you in this trying time!

Inma said...

Sorry to hear you finished in the ER. :( Take care of yourself and get well soon. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Emma said...

Hope everything goes well and they are able to operate soon. I simular problem a few years ago.

Anonymous said...

ouch...hope everything heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

Take care of youself and don't worry about anything except getting better.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope everything works out for surgery soon. I'm praying for a quick recovery for you!