Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Weight Watchers

I am really struggling with my weight loss efforts lately. I have been doing Weight Watchers for a little over a year now. My goal was to lost 50 pounds by my 1 year anniversary. I came 10 pounds short. Since March, I have been gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds. Part of it is stress eating because of all the health problems I have been having. Part of it is medication. I take Lyrica for chronic pain and it's number one side effect is weight gain. I have been told that I am doing better than most people because my weight has been stable. I looked through my weigh-in card last week and my plateau perfectly coinsides with starting the Lyrica. I spoke with my doctor about th is and we are going to cut my Lyrica dose in half to see if that helps with the weight loss but still keeps the pain under control. My part now is that I need to be journaling better. I got frustrated with my plateau and stopped journaling everyday. I was talking with one of the women at WW today and she envited me to email my journal to her every night for an added degree of accountability. I think this will help a lot (thanks Lynn). I know that when I journal, I stay on program so much better. I still have 90 pounds to lose, so I can't give up. I made this layout to remind me of how far I have come and that I can do this. I know that 40 pounds is nothing to scoff at and I am proud of my accomplishment. I know I can do this and I will do this.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! you look great!!!!! and I love your layout documenting your success. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout on your accomplishment so far! Keep at it, you can do it!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to show how far you have come.~~Anne

Anonymous said...

Try not to get discouraged. You have come a long way and that is a terrific accomplishment. Plateaus can be hazardous and defeats a lot of good intentions. Do your best and keep that goal in mind at all times. Good luck.

Inma said...

You look fantastic now, you look even younger than in the first photo so you should not be discourage by a plateau mostly because it's cause by the prescriptions your are taking not because you are not trying. :) So you should be proud of it and definitely the idea of the layout to show the difference it's great.

Best of luck and best wishes in your weight loss. :O)

Cre8tvlyyrsGina said...

I'm so proud of you! I can't even get 10 pounds off! Don't give up...you will do it!!

Anonymous said...

you look amazing, i struggle so much with my weight loss, i too go up and down with the same kgs.. but you should be proud, you have come so far!

Cheryl said...

wow, what an impressive before and after!

This is a layout to treasure and I wish you continued success.

I am removing your link from the the Tailgate Party, but do hope you return! The link must be to a direct post on your page, not the main link, to your layout entry for a "heirloom" layout.

I hope to see you back soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You're doing great! I know it's a bit frustrating right now, but you can do it! :) I know from personal experience that losing weight isn't easy, but you've come a long way and are doing a great job! :)