Friday, August 24, 2007

DSD and an add-on

I made an add on for my Grandma's Button box kit. I got some great actions from Atomic Cupcake that allowed me to do some of the things I wanted to do originally but didn't know how to do. I think the frames look a lot more inline with the buttons now. I also did some new papers. I have only done them in 12x12. The overlay I used for them didn't look right in the rectangle format. I am going to work on some new background papers in rectangle form. It will have to wait until I get off some of this pain medications though. I can scrap, but I am finding designing frustrating with my head so cloudy.

Read here to join the party.
There is a National Digital Scrapbooking day now. There is a tailgate party being sponsered by Hummie . I hope I have it all set up right this time. I still need to do a heritage LO with the kit above and I will get to that today and post it as soon as it is done. We need to thank Susan White for organizing this. I also want to thank Susan for introducing me to the online scrapbooking comunity. I have been digiscrapping for a few years, but I was using one of those Halmark programs that really limits you to the papers and elements they put in there. I started looking into things that allowed me more freedom and I discovered FxFoto. I have been using it for the past 18 months. I just started using PSE 5 when I wanted to start designing since I don't think you can design in FxFoto. I have been reading Susan's blog since I started FxFoto and have followed some of her links to different blogs. She also introduced me to DST earlier this year and things have just taken off since then. For anyone that is finding Photoshop too overwhelming, I would highly recommend FxFoto. It is so easy to use and their customer service is amazing. I have send emails about problems I was having and I usually got an answer back within 24 hours. They have even put out an update of the program in response to a problem I was having. You can find FxFoto here . I really hadn't intended for this post to be a commercial for FxFoto, but it just evolved into that.
I hope you all enjoy my add on. I am submitting this and the original kit to Snap and Scrap as my designer application.


10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, a freebie kit!

I will have to come back to see your layout when you get it done.

Goodness, you are on pain mediations? I pray that your pain goes away soon and you'd better take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Great work, Patricia! Glad you're home and hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Kit looks wonderful! Can't wait to see your layout. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for the add-on, your work is wonderful. Happy to hear that you are recovering from the surgery. Good luck on the designer application.

bizee1 said...

hiya
Iam from digitalfreebies too and I wanted to let you know that I stopped by and added myself to your linky thing ...nice to meet ya!

TrishF said...

Sure hope you are feeling better very soon. Your freebie looks fabulous. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your heritage layout!

Addies Designs said...

Really nice blog. Can't wait to see your heritage layout.

Back soon.

Addie

DSD-Pro said...

Cool kit and I'm liking your blog too. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! You are today's winner!