Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Grandma's Button Box

I have completed my second freebie. It is called Grandma's Button Box. My kids were given a button box by their great grandma. I had friends come over and see them playing with the buttons from there. Most of my friends commented that they remember their grandma having a big button box like that and they had loved to play with the buttons in there. That is how I came up with the idea for this kit. I played around with some of the elements a little more this time. I liked the photo frames I made. I made them a little more complex than I did with the first kit. I made more ribbon this time too. I found a tutorial on making beads, including pearls, so I tried that. I don't think they look anything like pearls. I got the color right, but not the shape. I used the sphere filter, but they don't resemble a sphere at all. If anyone knows of a good tutorial on making beads, please let me know. I obviously need to work on beads a litle more. I like the way my buckle turned out but I wish I could have figured out how to give it more of a distressed metal appearance, like an oxidized metal.

Here is a LO I did with this kit. It is a very simple LO because it is a very simple picture. I don't like my LO to overpower my pictures. My husband thought it was funny that I didn't do a LO with my other kit. He asked me if that means I didn't like it. I told him that of coarse I liked it, I just got involved in making LO for my CT and trying to get the kit on my blog. It never even occured to me to do a LO using my kit. I decided I should be sure to make one this time.


Once again, I have made both square and rectangle papers, so take your pick. They are the same papers, but different shapes.
ENJOY!!!

15 comments:

Gillian Foley said...

What a wonderful kit, Patricia! I just LOVE the name you came up with! I always struggle with names LOL

Felicia McB said...

awesome freebie, I have pictures of my son (4yrs old) playing with his Grammy's button box.

Cheryl said...

Great heritage layout...don't forget to create memories while struggling to keep up with all the other to-dos as a designer.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this really pretty kit.

Lots of luv

Chris

Anonymous said...

Great kit, I too remember my Grandmother's button box

Unknown said...

Beautiful kit, thank you for sharing.

Heidi@DigitalCandy said...

This is so nice!!! I love buttons!!!

Kirstie said...

great LO and love all the buttons

Sharon said...

This is totally awesome! Thank you so much :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome kit! You are so talented! I remember growing up with my grandma's button box! Fun! thank you so much! :)

Inma said...

About the sphere tutorial in the website ScrapGirls there are a lot of very good tutorials and if you go to the forum there and make a search for "Beads" or "making beads" you will get a thread with instructions for PS and PSE that should be what you are looking for. :) Try also looking in the tutorials of Scrapbook- bytes, they have lots of tutorials and they are very good ones.:) I hope this helps. :)

The new kit you have made looks fantastic. It seems the book you were reading is very good as you are getting very good results. :)

Thanks and best wishes. :O)

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It looks great :)

Doreen said...

Nice heritage LO and beautiful kit!

Myxi said...

Thank you so much for your second kit.I still love the fact that you put rectangle and square paper in your kits. :)

Anonymous said...

Really nice kit, love all the buttons. TFS.