Monday, October 22, 2007

A Great Weekend

This weekend, we did a family trip to Sweet Berry Farms. It is about an hour outside of Austin. They have a pumpkin patch this time of year. In March, you can go out there for strawberry picking and you can pick blackberries in May/June. The kids loved it. We did a hayride, the kids and the husbands did a giant maze that was cut into a corn field. We made our own scarecrow. I need to go get a pole today to put it up in the front yard. They had some great pumpkins out there. They are way better than at the grocery store. The kids bought small pumpkins and they are going to paint them today during school time. We did this outing as a celebration of my daughter turning 15. Her 2 best friends came out with us and her cousins and her aunt. She is really close with Aashlie who is 13 (her cousin). My best friend met us out there and they all did the maze together. I didnt' do the maze though. I have some mobility problems and I wasnt' sure what it was going to be like in the maze. I got lots of great pictures while we were there. I took 118 pictures in 5 hours. Niether my best friend or my SIL brought a camera, so I was the group photographer. It was so nice to have a family outing like that. It has been a long time since we have had a day like that.



Here are some LO I did yesterday of our trip. These first ones are done with Kim Cameron's kit Pumpkin Juice. It is a perfect kit for those pumpkin pictures. It is so full of elements that you can use it on a lot of LO.

This is my family. From left to right, we have Andrew, Rachael, Jeremy, Patricia and Stan.
These are my daughters favorite cousins and her best friends. From left to right, there is Jessica, Aashlie (cousins), Rachael (my daughter), Amira and Megan (DD BFF).

This is my SIL and her kids. From left to right, there is Aashlie, Travis, Margie, Brandon, Megan and Jessica.



Here is a LO I did with my own Halloween kit. It is called Going Batty. My kids think some of the elements look like the bat symbol from Batman . You can get the kit at my stores: Studio Style Designs and Scrappers Zone.

I have decided I don't really like to scrap with my own designs. After I finish the kit, I am kind of tired of seeing it and I don't want to look at it again. Maybe if I was doing a LO 6 months after I made the kit it would be better. I just finished the kit last week though.

4 comments:

BHo said...

Love the last one Patricia! it cracked me up!

Leigh said...

How fuN! What a great day!

Helena said...

The pumpkin patch looks like great fun!

Saline County, Arkansas Photos said...

I remember growing up and being forced to go to Penney's or Olan Mills to sit for family portraits and making the vow I would never subject my own family to such torture. But now that my kids are 11 and 18... I wish I had!