Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dropping out

I decided last night to drop out of the contest. I was getting so stress out by it. I was hating everything I was designing for it, I wasn't sleeping and I was getting grumpy with my family. We got the next theme and I almost cried when I saw it. I thought and thought about what I was going to do with the theme and finally came up with a subject that I liked. Through a conversation that took place on the private contestants forum, it came out that my subject would not be accepted for the theme. I couldnt' bare the thought of having to do a kit with a theme I didnt' like. It was hard enough last week doing a color palatte I didn't like. I got into designing because I love doing it. I was not loving it over the past week and I was really questioning my decision to become a designer. I feel such a huge relief now that I have dropped out. It was a hard decision for me to make. I am not a quitter and I usually finish what I start. I'm glad I make the decision to drop out though. I am trying to explain all this with out giving away the contest theme, so I hope it all made sense.



I don't know if they are going to delete my kit from the contest forum, so I thought I would post it here so if you still wanted to get it, you could.



Get it here

I did decide that I was going to continue making the kit that I was going to use for the contest. I love the subject I chose. I will post a preview of it when I am done, as well as a link to where you can buy it.

My daughter Rachael turns 15 today. Time sure flies. She is excited to be learning to drive this year. I'm not, but that's ok. She is a joy to have in my life and I can't imagine life without her in it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so sorry you had to drop out! But, you have to do what is best for yourself. I had to drop out the very first week, because of life things, but maybe next time! I can't wait to see what you make with the idea you had.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had to drop out as well. Your kit was very good and I will use it - thanks for sharing! Please continue to create as you are so very talented, it would be a shame if you stopped! I understand life's stresses, and believe me it's more important to be happy and healthy that to stay in a situation that continues to stress you out! Good luck in the future & God bless!

Terebene said...

I'm so glad you feel better since stopping the contest. There is no point in designing if you don't like what you are doing. It must be such a relief. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

sorry you had to drop out of this. Why not try the contest at Scrapstreet? No-one gets eliminated and it is judged by a panel, not popular voting.

If interested go to Scrapstreet.com to the Digital Contest Forum.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the contest! It definitely is stressful! I did love the legos thought they were a great touch. Yeah, lots of folks are struggling with round three! I'm so glad you feel better now! Be sure to come back around JFTSOI and just hang out, we'll miss you!

makeyesup said...

Sorry that you had to drop out of the contest. However, the main purpose of any work is to enjoy doing it and I think you made the right decision to withdraw when you found out that it would be stressful and not enjoyable.