Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Alta

Alta is my grandmother's name. She is 94 years old. She was my inspiration for the first challenge in the So You Think You Can Design contest at JFTSOI. Our theme was heritage. I can't help but think of my grandmother when I think of heritage. My grandmother loves to spend time in her flower garden. She loves to talk about her flowers and take care of them. Now you know why there are flowers in my heritage kit. Check back here later as I plan to offer an add on pack for this kit. I don't want to do it until after the first round is over as I don't want anyone to think I am buying votes (against the rules, plus unethical). I would appreciate if any of you that download the kit would go to the website and vote on the 9th and 10th. You don't have to vote for me. Vote for the person you think deserves it most. There are close to 30 of us in this contest. We are all using the same theme and color palatte. That is going to be one massive kit when they are all put together. Definitely worth a look. If you go to the gallery for round 1, you can find the links to the kits that have been uploaded so far. We have until the 7th to upload them, so keep checking back for more enteries.

I announced in my last post that I was going to be a new designer at Studio Style Designs. I got notification this morning that I have been accepted as a designer at Scrappers Zone. I have gone through close to 15 rejections. Each time, I tried to improve my work and find resources to learn new techniques. I guess it has paid off. I'll be putting link to my stores up as soon as I get products in them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job with those colors and the theme!! Best of luck to you in the contest!

Shauna Stanger said...

Pretty kit!

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com