Sunday, July 22, 2007

Scrappin' like crazy


I have been so busy scrapping this weekend. We had a very busy week and I didn't get to scrap much. I made up for it this weekend. I did a few layouts for Kim's team and I got one more for Aimee's team done. I also decided to participate in the Amazing digiscrapping race. I am not officially registered because I didn't find out about it before the deadline. By doing the challenges in the race, it makes me think outside the box a little more. I tend to scrap events and design my layouts around the pictures I have. This made me think of the layout and then find pictures I had to fit that layout. The first challenge is to scrap something museum related and use the word amazing in it. Stan and I went to the museum of Natural History in Houston the beginning of July. They had this huge geode filled with amethysts. It was as tall as I am. I thought it fit the challenge, so here is my layout:


The second challenge was to make a layout using a doodle, the word "friendship", 2 photos, red, and flowers. This is what I came up with.


I also did a layout for a challenge on the Make It Scrappy site. You had to make a layout using a photo of something unique to your city. This was the most unique think I could think of. I had some pics of the Texas capital building, but I thought these photos were better. I really like the way this turned out. It took me a while to find a background I was happy with-thanks Landi for having orange in your Wacky Weekend kit.

credits

Stan got me a wireless network card for my computer this weekend. That allowed us to move my computer over by my recliner. I am in heaven. I can sit in a comfortable chair with my feet propped up and scrap my heart out. I have loved it. I have to make sure I still get some exercise though. I could easily find myself sitting here all day. That would not help my weight loss efforts in the least.

No comments: