Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter

Harry Potter is the reason I have not posted in a few days. I spent 2 days doing almost nothing except reading that book. I neglected dishes and laundry and all the other chores I needed to do around the house. It was worth it though. Stan helped me a lot around the house during that time because he had spend the 2 days previous doing nothing but reading so he understood. Rachael is starting it today, so I expect I won't see her much for a few days.

Here is the first element I have ever made as a budding designer. It is still a little rough, but I like the way it turned out in general. I am still learning loads. I bought a new magazine that will help me a little more. I made some brads and some book plates the other day using a template that came with the book I bought. The next lesson is on how to make them from scratch. Once I learn how to do them from scratch, then I can make them in all sorts of shapes. I may design a few templates for each shape I make so I can use those over and over again as I design more kits. I also want to learn how to add more texture to my papers so they don't look like just painted backgrounds. My goal is to have my first freebie on this blog by my birthday. My birthday is September 23, so that gives me not quite 2 months. Stan is going to have to show me how to zip everything up in a zip file. He says it is easy, but I have never done it before.

I have 2 big anniversaries this week. My 16th wedding anniversary is on Friday. I can't believe I have been married that long. It seems like just yesterday that I got married. I love Stan more than ever and I love him more each day. I have a couple of friends that are having trouble in their marriage an I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband. I look forward to many more years to come. My other anniversary is that I have been on weight watchers for 1 year on Saturday. I have not lost as much weight as I had hoped to, but I still have lost a lot. I wanted to lose 50 pounds this first year. I am down 44 pounds right now. I didn't anticipate all the health problems I have been having. They have greatly interfered with my weight loss. One of my medications causes weight gain and I haven't been able to exercise. Because of those, I am glad that I have lost as much as I have. I want to do a layout showing the difference a year can make. I think it will help me feel better about not reaching my 1 year goal. I still have a lot of weight to lose before I reach my final goal, but each pound gone is one step closer to my goal.

1 comment:

House on the Vaal said...

Love the butterfly Patricia, it's gorgeous!