Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A layout with Wacky Weekend

credits-All papers and elements from Wacky Weekend by Landi LeRoux, quote by Charlene V., font digs my hart.

Here is my first layout from Landi's kit, Wacky Weekend. I love the way it turned out. I need to do at least one more layout from this kit. That should be no problem as this kit has so many fun elements. When I first opened the zip file and looked at it, I thought of several boy layouts. It is funny that the first layout I did with it is for my daughter. Rachael really likes the layout. That is a huge compliment because she usually doesn't express much opinion about my pages.

I picked up the book Digital Designs 2 by Renee Peason yesterday. She makes the lessons so easy to follow. I made 10 papers last night in about 45 minutes. They are pretty boring papers, but it is going to be so easy to expound upon the lesson and make papers that are more my style. For the papers I did, the PSE 3.0 worked ok. However, the next lesson was about making a background paper with writing on it. It required that you make a text box first so that your writing wraped around at the end of the paper. PSE 3.0 doesn't let you make a text box first. It only makes a text box after you have entered the text and I couldn't figure out how to get it to repeat and wrap around to the next line. I made mine using multiple text boxes. It doesn't seem to flow as well. You can see that it is 4 seperate text boxes. I do at least have the concept down and I can work on it when I get the upgrade. Next, I will learn how to make words that have the pattern of the papers I previously made. The other techniques in the book are distressing papers and elements, making elements such as brads, bookplates, tags, conches, making alphas and making chipboard elements. At the end, she talks about using brushes. I am glad that is included because I havn't quite gotten the hang of using brushes in my layouts. She also teaches you how to make your own brushes. The other thing I love it that this book was written for Photoshop Elements. I was worried that it would be written for CS3 and I would have to do a lot of altering of the techniques. I am not good enough with PSE to be able to do that. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn how to make their own scrapbooking designs.

3 comments:

House on the Vaal said...

This is a gorgeous layout. I'm glad to see that you can do girl layouts as well, I must admit this kit was designed with photos of my husband in mind so you hit the nail on the head. You've got me very interested in the papers you're designing. Can't wait to see them. Good luck.

Bonnie said...

Hi Patricia! Nice to see you on blog land! Thanks for pointing us to your blog! Great LO's!

Gillian Foley said...

You're doing great work with these kits, Patricia! Glad to see you're on the blog bandwagon too :D