Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My hero

My MIL rescued me again. I owe her so much. I was telling her about my full hard drive. She told me that there was an external hard drive in her computer room that she wasn't using. It was my FIL and he passed away last year. She said I could have it. It is a 232G external hard drive. My hard drive on my computer is 75G. I moved all my photos that I have scrapped over to the external drive as well as all the LO that I have printed. I am in the process of going through all my scrapbooking kits and deleting the ones I never use. When I first started digiscrapping, I downloaded every freebie I saw. I can afford to be a little more picky now. I have learned that there are some elements that I just don't use much. It feels good to clean out some of the clutter I had in there. I am glad that I am obsessive about keeping my files organized though. This would be so much harder if they weren't organized.

We finally have a bright sunny day today. I am so glad to see clear, blue skys outside my window. I am not looking forward to the heat that comes with the sun though. I have to say that I would so tired of all the rain. The weather man said last night that it has rained 21 days during the month of July. This is just crazy for central Texas. Last year, I don't think it rained once during the whole summer. This looks like it will be a good day to take the kids swimming. Maybe that will be incentive for Andrew to get some of his work done quickly instead of playing around.

2 comments:

DigiMel said...

I need to clean out my hard drive too! I like your BLOG!

Galtscrapper said...

Keeping them organized is HARD. I too have downloaded SO many freebies, more than I'll probably ever need/use... lol, just like my scrap room!!!! However, I like being able to have WHATEVER I need "on hand" and not have to drop everything to go to the store... and it's nice to have more "stuff" on the computer. I have a lot of space, but it's filling up fast, and I've got almost 10 years, I would imagine, of files on this computer, but I'm not sure what I will and will not use. I haven't scrapped much lately, just because I spend all my time downloading! How SAD is that!!!!?

Good luck on getting it all done. I've been trying to burn to CDs, but I've got tons.... I've also got photos all the way back to 2000 on this computer (I DO have most of those burned to CDs, and multiple copies amongst family members... but there's still more to do, and more pics being taken every week!)

Sarah