Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Andrew

My son Andrew is 10 today. I can't believe he is already 10. His sister teased him about being "double digits" now. We are not having a birthday party for him I only let my kids have a party every other year. This year, it is his sister's turn to have a party. Rachael and Andrew's birthdays are only 2 weeks apart. It is too much for me to throw them both a party every year. That is why there is the every other year rule. We were planning to take him to Gatti town and let one friend come. That has been put on hold though. I went back to the doctor yesterday and I have a new area of pneumonia and only minimal improvement in the old pneumonia. I am on a second round of antibiotics now. Once I am feeling human again, we will take him to Gatti Town (for those of you who don't live in the south, Gatti Town is a pizza place with a game room attached. You collect tickets to earn overly priced prizes). We are going to grandma's house this evening to eat pizza and cake and ice cream. He already opened his presents. His grandma and great grandma got him a Creative Zen 2G MP3 player. He is so excited about that. We got him a super pack of Pokemon cards, a carrier for his Zen and a Wario, Master of Disguise game for is Nintendo DS. He has been suspecting all week that he was getting an MP3 player. He thought he was going to get an iPod though. My mom sent him an iTunes card with his birthday card. It is going to be a pain in the behind to use though. The Zen won't play MP4a and that is the format that iTunes uses. We are going to have to burn the songs to an audio disc then rip it again in a format that the Zen uses. I have to do the same thing when I buy music off the Walmart website for my daughter. She has an iPod and it can't use WMAs. These music people can be such a pain in the behind. I wish they would allow you to pick the format you want to use so you can use music from online store on any device.

3 comments:

Monique said...

I hope you feel better soon! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon !

Cheryl said...

Oh no, you have no entered the new Mom Zone! Hold on tight and get ready for the ride!