Thursday, September 13, 2007

It's about time

I can't believe that it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted here. I have been working on my designing a lot over the past 2 weeks. I have put in 2 design applications and will be doing the design contest at Just for the Scrap of It. I am so nervous already. I am not a competative person at all. I still can't believe I signed up for this. It should be fun though. I am also having a lot of fun doing LO for my CT.


Speaking of CT, I have a lot of updating to do on my CTs. This is a new kit that Kim Cameron has available in her store at Make It Scrappy. This is called Dreaming of Tuscany. The papers in it are beautiful. It is definitely a grown up kit. I have so many kiddy kits that I am really going to have to ponder how to use this. I have some great old pictures that should go well with this kit. It is on sale right now also.




Gina has opened a store on her blog site while she waits for Purple Paper Flowers to open up. Gina has a lot of really cute kits. Right now, she has a girl and boy Monkey kit available. They are really cute. You can find a link to her blog on my side bar.

Landi has this new kit coming out in her store soon. I think she was going to have it available on Friday. It is sooooo pretty. I have so many new CT kits that I don't even know where to start.

Here is a little update on what is going on around the Hodge household. I finally recovered from my surgery. Unfortunately, I also came down with a cold. I finally went to the doctor after I had fever for 5 days. I have a right, lower lobe pneumonia. It is huge. I went back to the doctor today for a follow up since I am not doing any better. I had to get a shot of rocephin (an antibiotic). She considered putting me in the hospital today because my oxygen level was slightly on the low side. I begger her not to so she is giving me one more day. If I am no better tomorrow, I will probably be off to the hospital. I am praying that the antibiotics help . I have to go back in tomorrow for another shot of antibiotic tomorrow if I am doing better. We were suppose to have a surprise party for my neice here on Saturday. She is turning 13. She is officially a teenager. We are having to reroute the party somewhere else now. I was going to try to have it here and just stay in my room the whole time but my doctor said "absolutely not". She wants me to chill and do nothing. I am even having a hard time scrapping. I just can't seem to concentrate and I find myself nodding off all the time.

Rachael has better news that I do. First, a little history. Rachael was a competative dancer from the time she was 4 until she was 12. We changed studios and got out of the competitions. Before we changed, Rachael was on pointe. The new studio didn't allow students to be on pointe until they were 14. Rachael didn't do ballet last year because they moved her class to Saturday. Now for the good news. Rachael's teacher said she is ready to go back on pointe. She is so excited. She loved pointe. She loves ballet. The bad news for me is that I have to go buy some new pointe shoes. She outgrew her old ones and they had only been worn for a month. Her pointe shoes are expensive, even more so than other girls in her glass. Rachael has a very strong arch and so she started off pointe in a hard shank. That makes the shoes more expensive. Rachael walked on her tip toes for the first 6 years of her life which is why her arches are so strong. I am so excited for her. She has wanted this for a while.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to blogging! I hope your feeling better after being sick :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope you are feeling better! How can you even sit up to blog?? I would be flat on my back! I love the new kits...some fun stuff there!

SarahB said...

I hope you recover really soon!

Congratulations to your little girl! That's a great accomplishment!

Karin said...

I hope you get better soon.

Congrats to Rachel. She must be so excited.

Anonymous said...

hope that you are feeling well real soon, you have just had a little bit too much illness lately. Have major problems with our CT site so I thought that I would just leave you a message here. Take care and good luck on the designer contest.

Cheryl said...

Well, no wonder you have not blogged in a while...look at all you've had going on! Take care of yourself girl!