Friday, September 28, 2007

Scrappin' Pink

This weekend is Scrappin' Pink. Many of the scrapbooking shops around the country are holding crops. All the proceedes go to the Susan B Komen Foundation. You can find out more information here- http://www.scrappink.com/ . My MIL has breast cancer. She was first diagnosed 10 years ago. She had a mastectomy and did some chemo and was declared cancer free. Last March, the cancer returned as a mass in her chest wall and a few tumors in her lung. She has gone through radiation and chemo and was once again declared cancer free. That only lasted a short time. She is now on oral chemo. My MIL is the strongest woman I know. She is such an inspiration to me. She never complaines, even when she feels horrible. She has had a lot of complications from the cancer and the chemo. I won't be able to attend any of the crops this weekend. I don't own a laptop, plus I am still battling pneumonia. I wanted to make this mini kit in honor of my MIL. If you are able, please attend one of the crops, or make a donation to the Susan B Komen Foundation. I hope you enjoy the kit.



get it here

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this pretty little mini-kit and I wish your MIL all the best. Will keep her in my prayers.

Helena said...

Great cause! I have a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's doing well now. Best wishes to your MIL.

Antje said...

Thanks for the kit and all best wishes for your MIL.

MemoryKeeper said...

So precious...I love this kit, it is near and dear to my heart. After losing my very young baby sister (38) to breast cancer, I believe in support. Thanks again!

Hugs from the heart,
Jeanette

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for his beautiful kit!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Inma said...

So sorry to read about your mom, and I hope she gets better and recovers from all those complications from the treatment. :) Best wishes to her and best wishes to you too. :O)

makeyesup said...

Thanks for this. Your MIL will be added to my prayers. I too was diagnosed at a very early stage 8 years ago and have been free since. And I am a supporter.

Jackie said...

my oldest son's grandmother is a survivor & I am major advocate of awareness & checks. Your MIL & the rest of your family is in my thoughts & prayers

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pretty kit. My MIL also has breast cancer. She was diagnosed this past spring and has just finished her chemo. She will be starting the radiation next. This kit will be perfect for her. Thanks again and prayers for your MIL as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this kit. Best wishes and hope for her recovery to your MIL.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this awesome scrap...these are very special to me...i am a survivor and knowing people out there supporting us, is the best source of encouragement...
thanks again.
Debi/SC