Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Tuesday

I don't have much to post, but it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted and I wanted to post at least once a week, so I guess I am behind as usual. I have been super busy the past 2 weeks. My health is still giving me problems. My MS flare has subsided for the most part except the fatigue and heat intolerance has been worse. However, the steroid treatment I did for the flare has left me diabetic. Most of the time, steroid induced diabetes only lasts the duration of the steroids, but I have been off of them over 3 weeks and I am still having elevated blood sugars. I am on insulin now. I am trying to be very careful about my diet. I have gone back to weight watchers and I am working on my weight. It is so hard for me to stay away from carbs. I love carbs. I don't know how people eat on the Atkins diet. I can eat vegetarian if I had to, but carb free is so hard for me. I am trying to eat only complex carbs. Last night, I splurged and had some ice cream with my son. I took him to see Space Chimps and we went to Amy's ice cream after the show. I was shocked that my blood sugar was normal after that. Sometimes, it makes no sense.

I am working on a new kit. It is called Robbie the Robot and Friends. I made some cute robots for this kit along with some of the regular LO elements, like bows, ribbon, flowers, clips, buttons, etc. I tried to post one of the robots so you could see it, but blogger is having problems and I get an error every time I try to post a photo. I'll try again later if I have a chance. This is the last week for Savior of the World practice and the show is on Friday and Saturday. I doubt I will be home much this week.

I hope everyone has a great week. I'll try to post more often.

4 comments:

Mrs. Burns said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! The kit sounds so boyish and cute!

Jen U said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Michelle said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I love carbs, but my body does so much better when I eat a diet high in protien.

Michelle Powell said...

Hope you feel better soon hon!

I do have some good news for ya, the store is back up an running, I posted about it at the store blog, http://scrapheadspot.blogspot.com

You might just get a chuckle out of it ;)