Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In the works

I have a new kit in the works. It is all about faeries. I'm trying to come up with a good name for it now. Sometimes the hardest part of doing a kit is naming it. You want it to be original, but not corny. The originality is the hard part. I think that is the hard part of designing new kits is being original. What can I put in my kits that is different from everyone else? That is always the question.

Here is a little preview of what is going in this faerie kit. This is only a fraction of what I have done. I am hoping to have this finished by the end of the week so I can get it in the stores soon. I can't promise anything though because my MS is flaring up right now so the rest of my week is going to be unpredictable. We'll see what happens. I should have a freebie to go with this also, so be sure to check back. If you think of any great names, I am open to suggestions. If I use your name, you get the kit. This isn't a contest or anything, but I couldn't use someones name without giving them a thank-you for the idea.

9 comments:

LuAnn said...

looks like your off to a great start with you new kit! as far as names, I can't help with that - I usually need to see the entire preview before something pops in my head!

Anonymous said...

oh that is just too cute! I bet the entire kit is going to be fabulous.

Amanda said...

It looks great so far. I'll look forward to seeing the rest of the kit. As for names, I have no ideas. I have all boys so I'm out of practice in the faerie dept.

Anonymous said...

What you have done so far looks really great!!

Barb said...

You've got a great start there!

Unknown said...

Love the colors and designs so far! I'm not good at names but I think something like Imagine This, True Fantasy or Twinkerbell might work. Actually Twinkerbell might be a little too fanciful for the style you have so far. Anyway, good luck with the kit and the name.

Creative Junkie said...

that is adorable! love the little glass button with the fairy graphic.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it might be a great kit...I checked out your fairy name and here is what I came up with...this is your fairy name using:
Patricia Digiheaven(didn't know your last name)
Your fairy is called Fidget Goblinshimmer
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in rotting woodlands near poisonous toadstools.
She is only seen when the first flowers begin to blossom.
She wears red with white spots, like the toadstools. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
Maybe something in this will spark your imagination...
Good Luck

Unknown said...

First thing that came to my mind was Camelot and the Sweet Lady Guinevere. She isn't a fairy, but she is like a beauty out of a fairytale. So to me the appropriate name would be "Almost Guinevre".