Friday, April 25, 2008

MyPicTales

I have to tell you about this fabulous new site. It is called MyPicTales. I love this site. They make hardbound books out of your scrapbooks. You can either use their software to make the pages, or you can make your own and upload them as a jpeg, TIFF, PSD, and a few others I am not remembering. I tried them out because they were cheaper than the company I usually use. Money is tight right now.

I admit I was a little nervous about trying out a new company, especially with an important gift like this. I uploaded the book to their site late Monday morning. I got an email from them about an hour later saying that they were going to give me a free custom cover because of the feedback I had given them in the DRC about the site. I made this quickly and uploaded it. I had put in the comments when I ordered that I needed it by May 3rd. I got an email around 6pm on Monday that they book had been shipped. I got it in the mail yesterday. It is STUNNING!!!. The paper they used is so beautiful. The colors are bright and vibrant. I could not believe how wonderful it looked, how inexpensive it was for this type of book and how fast they were. I got a 10x10 book, with 26 pages and it cost $39.98. I am sold on this company. I will never order from my previous company again (Sorry Corrine).

I have never ordered a Shutterfly book, but I was thinking about it. I think I am going to skip right over Shutterfly.

7 comments:

Jen U said...

Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your book! I wouldn't discount Shutterfly quite yet though. They have some great options!!

Unknown said...

ooh, thanks for this info! i love shutterfly books, but i'm always looking to try something new. i'll have to give this a shot...

Deena said...

OHHH I might have to check that out!! Sounds great!

Thanks for the comment on the medical Transcription stuff, it's nice to hear others experiences!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the review - I've been looking at their site as a possible choice for printing, but haven't tried their services yet. Glad to hear you are so happy with them!

Barb said...

Thanks for the information! Glad they turned out so well!

Frank Murphy said...

Based on many previous reviews I placed an order with MyPicTales on May 3, 2009 ... After the 4 to 7 business days passed with no status update -- I inquiring about my order. I received an email on 15 May saying that they were having production problems and that everything should be cleared up in 24 to 48 hours ... Two more emails following the 24-48 hour period asking for further details were never answered ... Thinking that this non-response after an excuse was a red flag that the company was in some kind of trouble ... According I asked the credit card company to put the charge in dispute fearing that I would end up losing my money ... That was two days ago -- still no response from the company ... This company appeared to offer great potential but something is wrong ... Be careful if you intend to order --