Monday, January 28, 2008

WOW, what a weekend!!!

This weekend has been full of ups and downs. I promised you all that I would have good news soon. Here is my good news-I am the new designer at Make it Scrappy!!!! I am so excited about this opportunity. MIS is my first digi community home. It was the first place I actually came out of lurk mode and posted. I know a lot of the members there and I know all of the designers there. That is a huge plus. I am just so excited, I just can't even tell you how excited I am. I feel like a kid at Christmas who just got the best gift ever. I am still in the process of getting all of my products in the store. I have had to redo some of my previews since they had other store logos on them and I have had to redo all of my zips. MIS does single zips per products where as my other stores had a zip limit of 25MB. I have a lot of them done, so I am just working on the last few. I hope to see you all at Make it Scrappy.



Not long after I got this wonderful news, I got some really bad news. Friday night, the owners of Scrappers Zone had a BIG FIGHT!!! It is no ones business what the fight was about even though one of the owner tried to drag us all in the fight. One of them deleted the entire store. She has left to open her own store. The other owner is working to restore Scrappers Zone. There are going to be changes in the way it looks. The previos look belonged to the owner that left, so it will have a new look.



I am really sad that this happened. Scrappers Zone was a wonderful place. I was getting to know designers from all over the world. We had designers from the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, the Philippines, Russia and many other countries that I can't even remember the all. We had a section where scrappers could get help in their own language-russian, german, spanish, portugese, tagalog and more. I hope that one of the two new sites coming out of this will have those options. The were new and not a lot of people knew about them so they hadn't been used much. The potential was huge there.



I have decided that I will stay with Scrappers Zone. The fact that the other owner deleted the site in anger has caused some trust issues with me, especially after all of the problems with DigiScrapDesigners (if you are not already aware of the problems, be grateful as this means you didn't lose your hard earned money) I wish the other designers and owner the best of luck. I have no hard feelings in this. I am only sad. Some of the designers going with the other sites are designers that I had started to make friends with. We talked in the forums a lot. I hope we can all keep in touch.



Then, last night I got another piece of bad news. The prophet of our church, President Gordon B Hinckley passed away at age 97. This man was an inspiration. He was so active, despite his age. He traveled with world speaking with members everywhere. He dedicated more temples than any prophet in history. There are about 124 temples in operation now. I was reading a news article about his passing. It said he was working in his office up until 2 weeks ago. He said something in a conference address recently that he has only been in the hospital once in his life, not counting his birth (this is amazing to a person who had 3 hospitalizations in 2007 alone). Pres. Hinckley has been our prophet for almost 13 years. He served as the councelor to 3 prophets before him; Pres Howard W. Hunter, Pres. Ezra T Bensen and Pres Spencer W Kimball. I loved listening to Pres Hinckley speak. He always brought humor into all of his talks. He made them so interesting to listen to. He was an amazing speaker. He will be truely missed by me, my family and every member of the LDS church. I hope that I can always be grateful, be smart, be involved, be clean, be true, be positive, be humble, be still and be prayerful (from Pres Hinckley's address to the youth in 2001).

6 comments:

Lynn Grieveson said...

Hope the new store works out well, sounds very exciting!

Unknown said...

WOW, I hope that your first store experience is a great one, that is so very wonderful. Sorry to hear about Scrapper's Zone, I have never been there, but that is a terrible situation for anyone.

Becky said...

I'm really sad about his passing as well. I really loved him..he was an amazing prophet and will be missed by millions of church members worldwide. He's touched so many lives and I know that I'll always remember the talk he gave to us when I was barely becoming active, back then, wow. He really inspired me to be a better person and to follow the Be's. He will be missed. =]]

Anonymous said...

So sorry about all the bad news and really sorry about the loss of someone so important amongst your community. I wanted to offer you my condolences.

Take care of yourself and best wishes.

makeyesup said...

Patricia, don't know if I congratulated you on your new position at MIS, so I wanted to make sure that I did it here. Happy for you on that, sorry to hear about the other problems and your multiple health ones. You are an inspiration with your upbeat attitude and drive.

Corrine said...

congrats on the new designing opportunity, sorry about the mess of the old place....