Monday, January 21, 2008

Layout of the Week

It has been a while since I blogged. I didn't realize I had missed an entire week. It has been a busy week. My son had his Cub Scout Pinewood Derby on Saturday. He placed 3rd place. He has placed every year for the past 3 years. He was really happy with his car. This year, we made him do almost everything, except the inital cutting of the wood into a wedge shape, by himself. In previous years, we made him do a lot himself, but still helped him a lot.

Today, I ran a first aid certification clinic for the young women at church. They have to have certain certifications for girls' camp each year. I am the nurse at our girls' camp. I love being the camp nurse. It is a lot of work during the week, but I usually don't have any prep before hand. This is the first year we have done this. It went really well. All of the girls that attended got all of their first aid certification out of the way for the year. This will probably become a yearly thing now. The hard part is done though, so next year I will just have to make the assignments. Even more important than getting the certification done, the girls had a lot of fun. That is what girls' camp is suppose to be about.

I got layout of the week at Scrappers Zone. It is actually for the first week of Janaury, but we are running a little behind. I was so happy to get this recongnition. I worked really hard on this LO and I worked hard on the accomplishment this LO is about. Here is my layout.


I have a new kit in the stores this week. I am putting together a freebie for you all so watch for it this week. Now that the first aid certification is over, I can work on the freebie. I'll see you later this week.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations on LO of the week and your weight loss, you're looking great!

Robin L said...

Congrats on the LOTW and I personally love this lo.

Becky said...

Awww..I'm so excited for Girl's Camp..aghhh...I'm really grateful that your our nurse..your amazing at it..lol. =]] We have some great memories...

Wow..so we are having it? Because I was hearing we weren't...lol..it's not gonna be the same..oh well...I'm really excited.

-Becky