Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US readers. In honor of Thanksgiving, I am having a sale at Scrappers Zone. My entire store is 35% off through Sunday. Don't miss out. All of my products are Scrap for Hire friendly.

Studio Style Designs is having a store wide sale. EVERYTHING will be 40% off through the 25th. With all the sales going on, it is hard to chose what to buy. I hope you find something you like among my products. You can find the links to my stores in my side bar.

Now that the business is taken care of, on to the fun stuff. What are you doing for this Thanksgiving holiday? My husbands only sister lives just north of Austin in a HUGE house. We usually go to her house for the holidays, both Thanksgiving and Christmas. The hard part of me today is staying on my weight watchers program. I don't like a lot of the really fattening stuff for Thanksgiving. I don't care for green bean cassarole or the sweet potatoes with brown sugar and marshmallows. Those high calorie/high fat dishes are easy to avoid. The hard part for me is the desserts. I LOVE pumpkin pie. Emily, my SIL, makes wonderful pies. I am going to bring a weight watchers friendly pumpkin pie. It will be crustless and only 2 points per slice (1/8th of a pie). I will also be bringing sweet potatoes roasted in fresh rosemary and olive oil and green beans steamed with dried cranberries. Usually, we bring homemade bread for dinner. We have a bread machine and a few tried and true recipes. Our favorite is parmesan and oregano bread. However, I went to make bread for a church activity and we are missing one of the beaters to our bread machine so I can't make bread. I got on the Westbend website to order the replacement part and I can't find the exact same thing. I need to call Westbend about it. The description says "black beater bar" and what I have in my machine is a white beater (no bar). I don't want to order the wrong thing.

Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, girl... thanks for the good wishes for the holiday!! I hope you have the same good stuff going on there!!
I don't have diabetes, but am close to it, I guess, I have hypoglycemia, which is too low blood sugar. I have found the health food store has some really wonderful sugar free breads, no perservities and all that bad junk... and they are really good!! and yeah, the holidays are gonna be bad for me. I love cookies and pies, but the rest, I can do without!! I do have a problem with finding things that are sugar-free, and don't have high-fructose corn syrup... most things have it, and it just tears me up!!! I have been laying low on most of that stuff for the past three or four months, after I was diagnosed... today, I ate it all!! and I am not feeling bad at all... I can usually tell right away if I've eaten something that I shouldn't, it just makes me literally sick. but so far, so good!!!
I thank you so very much for all the hard work you put into this web site!! I have found so many great things here!! One thing that I would dearly love to have, have not checked yet to see if it is in there or not, is that gold page with the slanted Christmas tree! That is just spectacular!! I hope I find it there!!!
Thanks again for everything! you are a wonderful person for doing all this for us!! /Denver my addy is riprulz23@sterlingcomputer.net, if it is there, and I miss it!!! thx!!

Rose said...

Well, Patricia! Just remember that Pumpkin is a vegetable! LOL
I have a tough time sticking with WW as well. But we're going to do it! Hope you're feeling better.