Friday, December 7, 2007

Multiple Sclerosis

After a year of mysterious neurological problems, I have finally been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I am not shocked or surpised or upset. I have felt like this is what I have had for months. I am so relieved to finally have an answer. Now, I can start treatment to avoid further damage from this unpredictable disease. She is also going to put me on some medication to help with the fatigue. She wants to wait until I have been on the Avonex so she knows how I am going to tolerate it before adding a new medication. I am looking forward to the Provigil for the fatigue. It will help me so much to be able to have a little more energy to do things.



I am having an early Christmas sale at Scrappers Zone. Everything in my store will be 30% off all weekend. The sale will end Sunday night at midnight. I will be releasing a new kit later today. It is a nativity kit called "The First Christmas". I was hoping to have it finished for the beginning of this sale, but things have been busy with my kids extracurricular activities this week so I didn't have much designing time. I will post a new blog entry when I release my kit.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

small world! I'm just down the road in Buda! :)
Prayers for your diagnosis!
~Steph

Unknown said...

prayers too that the medication will help.

Unknown said...

As much as we don't like to hear things like this, it is always a relief to know that it IS something. Prayers for you! I hope the meds help!

Corrine said...

I am glad that there is some closer to the testing and uncertainty. Hopefully all the meds and such will begin to work and help you through this all. I am sorry to hear it though. Love the designs.

Corrine

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Patricia, I'm sorry to hear that you have MS. Did you have to go through awful tests to find out? Did you have to have a spinal fluid test?
I've read about it and have wondered before if I could have it. I have fibromyalgia & interstitial cystitus - an autoimmune disease. When you have one autoimmune disease, you can have several or any other.
Sending prayers your way that you do well with the medicine, and have a WONDERFUL holiday.
May He bless you and keep you,
Robin Willson